Thursday, October 7, 2010

New and Different

This last weekend found me (and my honey) at many yard sales. This item was one of the things that has a new home.  The original color had some browns and blacks…lots of faded spots.

 

Since my honey paints so much better than I do (yes, I really try) I asked him to paint it white. Not a good choice,  white did not want to stick…turned yellow in places …just a general mess. We then decided to put a coat of black – that looked better, ever better after the second coat…then a touch up of some more black.

100_4586

My guess it is some sort of pedestal – you can place what ever on top.

 

 

100_4587

It has metal, wicker like wood, and  bamboo like stuff. The height is  almost 32 inches and the top is nearly 11 inch square.

100_4589 

This top does not look square in the picture  - bad picture taking angle…as well as color…it is definitely a deep black.

 

Probably I will use this “odd pedestal thing” here in the computer room. Right now, it is next to the desk with a birdhouse  sitting on it.

 

Oh yes, forget to mention – the cost was $2.00 – being that cheap – I thought at the time I selected it not a lot of money involved so if it does not turn out like I had envisioned not much was lost.

 

What has been your latest yard sale find!

No comments: